What Is Lactoferrin?Lactoferrin is a fascinating multifunctional protein found in milk and other secretory fluids, such as saliva, tears, gastric and nasal secretions.
It plays an important role as a protector against harmful microbes and provides numerous benefits to the immune system. It has anti-viral, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, toxin binding, and many other immune enhancing properties. It's one of the most powerful immune system enhancers found in nature.
The highest concentration of lactoferrin is found in human colostrum or the first milk, which is the first liquid that is secreted from the breast after a baby is born. Colostrum is crucial for the health of newborn babies, because it boosts their immunity and growth.
Lactoferrin can also be isolated from bovine milk and taken as a dietary supplement. For more information on that, see – Immunoguard. Taking lactoferrin as a supplement is a great way to enhance your immune system and prevent bacterial and viral activity.
Lactoferrin BenefitsLactoferrin provides numerous benefits, here are just a few:
- Enhances the immune system by stimulating the production of antibodies
- Aids in the production of healthy intestinal flora
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties
- Regulates the iron levels in the body (it binds and transports iron in the blood)
- Acts as a defense against invading pathogens
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent
- and many more